NYT > Travel
Link: NYT > Travel
- T Magazine: Travel Essentials | The Fairgoer’s Guide to Venice’s Other Attractions
Where to eat, drink and shop when you’re in town for the Venice Biennale.
Fri, 17 May 2013 22:21:34 GMT
- In Transit Blog: In the Shadow of a Fortress, a Moveable Feast
Kotor, a historic city on the Adriatic coast of Montenegro, is more steeped in authentic flavor than you’re likely to encounter in neighboring Croatia.
Fri, 17 May 2013 20:36:37 GMT
- Heads Up: In Louisville, a School for Spirits
The gateway to Kentucky’s bourbon country is ensuring it maintains a reputation as a prime player in the spirits world.
Fri, 17 May 2013 18:53:10 GMT
- Check In: Hotels Warm Up With Local Accents
For guests who like to spend the night in a place marbled with local flavor, these seven properties, from Maine to California, can accommodate.
Fri, 17 May 2013 18:49:34 GMT
- Bites: A Sense of Place, on the Plate
At these four restaurants, from Miami Beach to Minnesota, regional flavors are layered with personal stories.
Fri, 17 May 2013 18:49:31 GMT
- Going Backcountry, Three Ways
Staying in a treehouse, a caboose and a yurt, and discovering the real reason to take a rustic vacation.
Fri, 17 May 2013 18:47:13 GMT
- Cultured Traveler: Driving the Juke Joint Trail
Once too numerous to count, many juke joints have slipped away. So what remains? A pilgrimage through the South reveals the music and magic keeping this culture alive.
Fri, 17 May 2013 18:45:50 GMT
- Still Got the Blues
In Mississippi, hanging onto the spirit of juke joints.
Fri, 17 May 2013 18:45:03 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Calendar: Coming Events in Brattleboro, Vt.; Mass.; Logan, Ohio
A weekly capsule of events curated by our writers and editors.
Fri, 17 May 2013 17:00:39 GMT
- 36 Hours in Texas Hill Country
Just west of Austin you’ll find the Hill Country, an area home to Comfort and Welfare, the echoes of Willie and Waylon and the tension between rural and refined.
Thu, 16 May 2013 21:32:27 GMT
- A Taste of Texas
A mesquite-smoked meal is just part of a trip through Hill Country.
Thu, 16 May 2013 21:32:11 GMT
- Personal Journeys: A Case for Getting Far, Far Away
An obsession with the least-visited National Park Service property in the country animates an argument for vanishing.
Thu, 16 May 2013 17:46:20 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Swipe a Card, Get a Car
Car2Go, the car-sharing service in Austin, Tex., has plans to add up to five cities to its North American roster this year.
Thu, 16 May 2013 17:00:28 GMT
- A Midsummer Day’s Dream in Sweden
After years away, rejoining a traditional Swedish celebration that includes a maypole, singing and dancing, dill-filled dishes and plenty of aquavit.
Thu, 16 May 2013 14:40:22 GMT
- T Magazine: Travel Essentials | Spoleto, Italy
Here’s where to stay, eat and sleep in this Umbrian hill town.
Wed, 15 May 2013 20:35:58 GMT
- Frugal Traveler Blog: Finding Frugal Toulouse, Despite Two Holidays
What do you do when your visit to a French city falls on two holidays? Be flexible.
Wed, 15 May 2013 19:53:46 GMT
- In Transit Blog: For Rent: Airstreams
Starting this month, the travel company Airstream 2 Go will rent current-model Airstream trailers.
Wed, 15 May 2013 17:00:21 GMT
- The Getaway: Seeking Solitude (With a Guide)
From an Arizona town where supplies are delivered by “pony express” to the quiet island of Lanai, Hawaii, outfitters can help you truly escape.
Wed, 15 May 2013 16:20:11 GMT
- Q&A: How Ken Burns Explores New England
The documentary filmmaker lists historical sites that transport him and his favorite road to drive in the region.
Wed, 15 May 2013 16:19:29 GMT
- Explorer: Hunting Pesky Pigs in Hawaii
It started as a quest to restore a tiny bit of ecological balance in Hawaii. It didn’t turn out that way.
Wed, 15 May 2013 16:18:58 GMT
- T Magazine: Travel Essentials | Taroudant, Morocco
Where to stay, eat and sleep in this remote market town.
Wed, 15 May 2013 16:16:18 GMT
- Choice Tables: Tasting ‘Modern Hungarian’ in Budapest
Chefs are energizing the culinary scene in the capital by transforming Hungarian ingredients and serving up vibrant new flavors.
Tue, 14 May 2013 18:58:05 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Pack an Umbrella, or Not?
AccuWeather has started a 30-day forecast that aims to help people plan their trips and outdoor events.
Tue, 14 May 2013 17:31:36 GMT
- Frugal Traveler Blog: Five Travel Problems and Sites That Try to Solve Them
The Frugal Traveler evaluates a handful of relatively new Web sites that try to help you travel smarter and cheaper.
Mon, 13 May 2013 21:34:33 GMT
- T Magazine: Travel Essentials | Marin County, Calif.
Here’s where to eat, sleep and shop in San Francisco’s neighbor to the north.
Mon, 13 May 2013 20:20:55 GMT
|Dynamic Display Pictures 4 Windows Live Messenger