NYT > Travel
Link: NYT > Travel
- In Transit Blog: A Beer Vacation Is On Tap in Chicago
Lagunitas Brewing Company, which will open a facility in Chicago in May, is partnering with the JW Marriott in the city for a “Beercation” travel package.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 21:03:25 GMT
- My European Ritual
What compels people to return to the same place or experience repeatedly? Answers from nine writers take you to Athens and Berlin, Paris and Granada — and beyond.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 19:59:27 GMT
- Pursuits : Stone Lifting as Sport in the Basque Country
Rural sports like wood chopping, hay bale tossing and stone lifting are part of a cultural fabric that’s still visible today.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:27:50 GMT
- Q&A: Biking Hercules’ Way in France
The historian Graham Robb contends that the ancient route follows the course of the sun at the solstices. Regardless of his theory, the rugged path is a perfect for cycling.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:27:06 GMT
- Your European Rituals
From England to Iceland, Barcelona to Warsaw, here are special spots Times readers like to visit more than once.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:22:09 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Sheraton Expands Its Club Level Service
Sheraton Hotels and Resorts is planning to appoint more than 300 managers to assist guests in its club level lounges.
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:23:13 GMT
- In Transit Blog: A Geneva Hotel Thinks Younger
La Réserve Hotel and Spa in Geneva is offering a rejuvenation-focused program developed by Nescens.
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 21:00:12 GMT
- Books: Portraits on the Page of Paris, London and Venice
If you’re the type of traveler who likes to go beyond guides to develop a sense of place, one of these recently published or about-to-be-published books could be for you.
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:20:24 GMT
- Personal Journeys: In Lecce, Making Magic With Humble Ingredients
In and around this city in Italy’s heel, a crop of culinary schools and teachers is encouraging travelers to embrace la cucina povera, or “the food of the poor.”
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:19:59 GMT
- 36 Hours in Prague
You could spend a weekend in the Czech capital visiting only those places that have opened in the past couple of years. Here’s a guide to get you started.
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:19:13 GMT
- In Transit Blog: A Majorca Trip for Competitive Cyclists
The Cycling House is offering endurance camps for cyclists in Majorca.
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:31:02 GMT
- T Magazine: Travel Diary | Jasmin Shokrian Dives Into the Burgeoning Dallas Art Scene
The designer, whose sculptural clothes draw a strong gallery-girl following, shares snapshots from her recent trip to the Texas city’s art week.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:29:26 GMT
- In Transit Blog: A Scottish Trail Will Celebrate John Muir
John Muir Way, a 134-mile marked trail that will honor the conservationist, will open in Scotland on April 21.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:00:38 GMT
- T Magazine: Feeling For | A Bohemian Getaway in the Heart of Mumbai
At Abode, the area’s first boutique hotel, rooms range from small and hostel-like to large and luxurious.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:57:22 GMT
- In Transit Blog: New Tours of Johnson’s Glass House
Philip Johnson’s Glass House in Connecticut will begin offering self-guided tours.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 14:57:20 GMT
- Frugal Traveler: Hunting for the Best Carry-On Bag
In desperate need of a replacement for his aging, beat-up carry-on, the Frugal Traveler wheels, lifts and zips candidates until he finds a worthy successor.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:58:43 GMT
- In Transit Blog: When Boating With Young Children
Some guidelines for parents who want to take to the high seas with young children.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 21:39:04 GMT
- Heads Up : Britain’s Working Men’s Clubs Succumb to Modern Life
Founded more than 150 years ago, these clubs once thrived, with many becoming neighborhood institutions. But, over the past 30 years, half of the clubs have been lost.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:59:22 GMT
- Cultured Traveler : Echoes of ‘Downton Abbey’ on Vacation in England
A trip to Cliveden House opens a window onto the estate’s rich history and evokes scenes from the PBS drama.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:58:55 GMT
- Personal Journeys : Pink Dolphins and Sunsets Along the Amazon
Skiff excursions and jungle walks, hot showers and cold drinks are all part of a luxury river cruise.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:38:18 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Once a Palace, Now a Lake Como Hotel
Il Palazzo del Vice Re is a new luxury hotel in a region of Italy where most hotels have been in business for decades.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:45:57 GMT
- T Magazine: Gallery | Inside the Homes and Studios of the World’s Finest Designers
In her new book, the photographer Leslie Williamson documents a pilgrimage to the living and working spaces of iconic European talents like Le Corbusier and Alvar Aalto.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:32:29 GMT
- In Transit Blog: HotelTonight Goes Beyond the Last Minute
A new feature on the HotelTonight app called Look Ahead will allow users check out the booking landscape a week in advance.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:48:11 GMT
- T Magazine: Food Matters | In Monte Carlo, the First All-Organic Restaurant to Receive a Michelin Star
Elsa, at the Monte Carlo Beach Hotel, serves healthful haute cuisine in an inspired seaside setting.
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:06:09 GMT
- In Transit Blog: A Whole New Meaning for Food to Go
Top chefs have been known to open satellite restaurants worldwide. Now a few of the world’s most respected chefs are moving abroad for limited culinary residencies.
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:00:45 GMT
|Emoticons 4 Windows Live Messenger