NYT > Travel
Link: NYT > Travel
- On New York City Beaches, Endless Summer
For some, Labor Day marks the beginning of the choicest time on the city’s beaches, despite the city’s official policy of closing all the beaches to swimming after the holiday.
Sat, 13 Sep 2014 23:24:24 GMT
- Air France-KLM Warns of Flight Cancellations as a Strike Looms
A dispute with pilots over the carrier’s planned expansion of a low-cost unit has the potential to disrupt the travel plans of tens of thousands of passengers.
Sat, 13 Sep 2014 16:04:12 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Acapulco Tries a Rewind to Its Jet Set Days
A big, new resort might represent a reversal of Acapulco’s reputation as a drug-gang crime center.
Sat, 13 Sep 2014 15:25:20 GMT
- T Magazine: Phoebe English, London’s Newest Designer to Watch, on Her Hometown Haunts
The young Brit, who presents her spring 2015 collection today, shares her favorite places to eat, drink, unwind and get inspired.
Sat, 13 Sep 2014 15:00:22 GMT
- T Magazine: A Complete Guide to This Year’s London Design Festival
The week promises a host of mind-blowing installations by names like Barber Osberby and Zaha Hadid, plus gallery madness, curated shopping and more.
Sat, 13 Sep 2014 13:06:37 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Anniversary Dinners for Relais & Châteaux
Relais & Châteaux, a network of more than 500 luxury hotels and restaurants, will observe its 60th anniversary with dinners in which chefs from around the world will collaborate.
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 20:48:28 GMT
- Three Sides of Ecuador
On a journey through the diverse South American country, taking in the coast, the mountains and a town with colonial charm.
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 18:54:41 GMT
- Q&A: Surveying São Paulo’s Music Scene With Céu
The Brazilian singer offers a selective list of spots for catching live acts in the sprawling city.
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 18:50:32 GMT
- Cultured Traveler: Argentina Rediscovers Its African Roots
From tango to tunnels, a nation begins to trace the once-robust culture of the slaves who were brought there.
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 18:49:54 GMT
- In Transit Blog: In Greece, a Run With Some History
The Navarino Challenge, a series of runs in the southwest Pelponnesse of Greece, will feature the ultra marathon runner Dean Karnazes.
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:10:49 GMT
- Frequent Flier Programs: The Fadeout of the Mileage Run
New rules for frequent flier programs emphasize how much you spend, not how far you go.
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:51:35 GMT
- Heads Up: In Buenos Aires, a ‘Secret’ World of Dining
At “closed door” restaurants in the Argentine capital, the address is just part of the intrigue.
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 21:21:46 GMT
- Next Stop: Wine, Olive Oil and the Good Life in Uruguay
The Carmelo area, not far from Argentina, has recently gained attention as much for its wine as for being an awfully nice place to visit.
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 21:20:22 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Boutique Hotels Get a French Design Touch
Sofitel So boutique hotels feature the work of French designers like Karl Lagerfeld and Christian Lacroix.
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:42:12 GMT
- Armchair Traveler: Transformative Travel, 4 Ways
Follow a photographer to Mexico and Hunter S. Thompson to South America, then head to Brazil for culture and the Galápagos for nature in this survey of four recent books.
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:41:55 GMT
- Air France-KLM Restructuring Puts New Focus on Its Low-Cost Airline
The plan to invest about $1.3 billion to turn Transavia into one of Europe’s largest budget carriers has drawn strike threats from Air France pilots.
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 07:43:41 GMT
- Currents: Rooms: Beer With Its Own Accommodations
Roughly 10 miles from the brewery, the Dogfish Inn welcomes dogs.
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 22:47:10 GMT
- App Smart: Using Your Phone to See Paris in a Whole New Light
Transit apps and virtual tour guides can get you around the city and through its popular landmarks, like the Louvre.
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 20:36:31 GMT
- In Transit Blog: In Florida, a Starring Role for Dolphins
With the release of the movie “Dolphin Tale 2,” hotels on Florida’s Gulf Coast are offering dolphin-themed packages.
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 20:02:05 GMT
- Check In: Hotel Review: Click Clack Hotel in Bogotá, Colombia
High-design, witty touches make for a memorably fun visit at this property, which opened one year ago.
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:19:10 GMT
- 36 Hours in Cartagena, Colombia
From Old City strolls and sunset views to fried street snacks and late-night dancing, spend a weekend in this Caribbean city.
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:16:28 GMT
- T Magazine: Chef René Redzepi on the Best Places to Eat in Mexico
The man behind Copenhagen’s Noma shares his can’t-miss culinary destinations in Mexico City, Oaxaca, Tulum and Mérida.
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 18:06:38 GMT
- The Getaway: For Travelers, How Smart Is the Smartwatch?
With the new Apple Watch set to hit stores next year, taking a look at whether wearable technology is a game-changer for travelers.
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:44:39 GMT
- T Magazine: Chef Danny Bowien on the Five Lessons He’s Learned About Mexican Food
The man behind Mission Cantina and Mission Chinese shares some insights from his recent education on the cuisine.
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:11:08 GMT
- In Transit Blog: A Makeover for a Lisbon Food Market
The recently renovated Mercado da Ribeira in Lisbon, established in 1892, features traditional elements and contemporary cuisine.
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:03:53 GMT
|Emoticons 4 Windows Live Messenger