NYT > Travel
Link: NYT > Travel
- T Magazine: Sign of the Times | Under the Spell of Old Restaurants
When dining options run from faux retro bistros to sharing a distressed farmhouse table with strangers, there is something wonderfully enchanting about old restaurants that seem preserved in amber — white tablecloths, old-fashioned menus and all.
Sat, 07 Dec 2013 13:34:36 GMT
- T Magazine: Food Matters | 10 of the World’s Greatest Old Dining Institutions
Our writer shares a list of her personal favorite classic restaurants, with a note about what makes each unique. What are yours? We invite you to share.
Fri, 06 Dec 2013 23:51:12 GMT
- Beneath Malta’s Beauty, a Tangled History
The Mediterranean island-nation of Malta couples a tranquil, movie-set surface with an astoundingly rich past.
Fri, 06 Dec 2013 18:20:39 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Calendar: Coming Events in Germany; California; Amsterdam
A weekly capsule of events around the globe curated by our writers and editors.
Fri, 06 Dec 2013 17:00:00 GMT
- In Transit Blog: New Luster for a Rink in Amsterdam
At Ice*Amsterdam there is skating in the shadows of the Rijksmuseum — and a restaurant with a heated terrace and bar.
Fri, 06 Dec 2013 15:00:45 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Lodgings That Will Light Your Stay
Hotels the world over are sprucing up for Christmas.
Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:30:56 GMT
- Frugal Traveler: Too Late to Book a Holiday Getaway? Not Necessarily
If you want to make a last-minute escape to a warm-weather destination, you can still find deals — you just may need to work for them.
Thu, 05 Dec 2013 21:30:05 GMT
- In Transit Blog: At the Broadmoor, Free Lessons in Tango and Tennis
The Broadmoor in Colorado is offering a range of complimentary activities, including photography lessons and a mixology course.
Thu, 05 Dec 2013 20:53:08 GMT
- 36 Hours in Kauai, Hawaii
You could fill a weekend simply staring slack-jawed at this island’s natural beauty. But Kauai’s appeal stretches far beyond those arresting views.
Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:25:08 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Airbnb Updates Its Mobile App
TheAirbnb mobile application lets users accept bookings, respond to messages from potential renters, and communicate with current guests.
Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:02:34 GMT
- T Magazine: Business of Style | Location, Location, Location
For André Balazs, the owner of such hotels as the Standard, the Mercer and the Chateau Marmont, ugliness is the enemy and perfection is in the details.
Thu, 05 Dec 2013 15:32:19 GMT
- The Getaway: Apps to Smooth Your Journey
From discovering Wi-Fi hot spots to booking last-minute hotels to finding restaurants at the next highway exit, these apps can help make travel a little easier.
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 22:44:58 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Jean-Michel Cousteau Designs a New Ritz Kids Program
A children’s program at Ritz-Carlton hotels has been created by Jean-Michel Cousteau and will emphasize learning about land, water, culture and environmental responsibility.
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 22:02:23 GMT
- In Transit Blog: A New Artisan Trail in Virginia
The O Shenandoah County Artisan Trail includes agritourism farms, a potter’s studio and a restaurant serving vegetarian and vegan dishes.
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 21:25:16 GMT
- Imprint: My Upper Peninsula
The author traces his personal history with this Michigan region, reflecting on everything from a remarkable act of kindness to his fiction to “probably the best sound on earth.”
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 20:26:39 GMT
- Close-Up: ‘Story First, Maps Second’
Caterina Fake, founder of a new location-based website, talks about the value of documenting the stories behind places.
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 17:05:38 GMT
- Personal Journeys: We’re Heading to London! (But How to Take the Dog?)
Inside the research, drama and, at times, staggering economics of trying to take the family pet on an overseas move.
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 17:05:05 GMT
- T Magazine: Wanderlust | The Crowds Swell on Mexico’s Pacific Coast
Puerto Escondido, a hidden gem along Mexico’s Pacific Coast that is known for its waves, seafood and rugged beauty, is getting attention from a wealthier crowd.
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 16:08:38 GMT
- Choice Tables: Beyond Brisket and Burritos in Austin, Tex.
Diverse options await diners in the capital city. Here are four places where you can sample textures from Austin’s palate.
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 21:04:26 GMT
- T Magazine: My Town | Why Tracey Emin Is in a Miami State of Mind
The audacious British artist, who has a solo show opening tomorrow at the Museum of Contemporary Art North Miami, has adopted South Florida as a home away from home. Here, she shares a few favorite destinations.
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 20:49:32 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Sleep and the City
WestHouse, a hotel scheduled to open in New York in late December, is designed to help guests get a good night’s rest.
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 20:30:05 GMT
- Heads Up: Cultivating a Wine Region in India
Nashik, a picturesque area about a two-and-a-half-hour drive from Mumbai, is turning into a popular wine destination.
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 18:35:30 GMT
- Pursuits: A Love Letter to a Smelly Fruit
Durian stinks so badly that it’s banned from airplanes, hotels and mass transit in most Southeast Asian cities. So why does the author adore it?
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 18:33:25 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Walkabout: Mishaps in Pet Travel; Cyber Monday Travel Deals
A weekly capsule of travel news curated by our writers and editors.
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 16:34:33 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Art in a New Park in Oslo
The Ekeberg Sculpture Park, which opened in the fall in Oslo, features sculptures by Rodin, Renoir and Louise Bourgeois.
Tue, 03 Dec 2013 15:48:16 GMT
|Backgrounds 4 Windows Live Messenger