NYT > Travel
Link: NYT > Travel
- In Transit Blog: Priceline Gets Into the Luxury Car Rental Game
Priceline introduced its Fun Rides program last month, allowing anyone with an Internet connection to browse and book luxury car models available through its rental partners.
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:00:43 GMT
- In Transit Blog: In Argentina, Cycles and Cameras
The 25-year-old bike touring company Ciclismo Classico has created a series of photography tours in northwest Argentina.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:19:14 GMT
- Heads Up: Bright Passages Along the Northeast Corridor
A five-mile stretch of railroad track is home to seven enormous works of art by the Berlin-based visual artist Katharina Grosse.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:54:46 GMT
- 36 Hours in Provincetown, Mass.
From seaside strolls to dance parties, street performances to gallery exhibits, you can find it all during a weekend on the tip of Cape Cod.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:47:23 GMT
- In Transit Blog: One Room for Many Guests
Each of the 36 rooms in NYAH (Not Your Average Hotel) in Key West, Fla., can be customized according to the number of guests, thanks to modular furniture that can be rearranged.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:52:04 GMT
- In Transit Blog: British Souvenirs Made (One at a Time) in Britain
If a double-decker bus paperweight or a William and Kate mug aren’t your kind of mementos, consider the New Craftsmen, a fine craft shop in the Mayfair section of London.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:32:27 GMT
- T Magazine: An Elegant New Boutique Hotel in French-Colonial Pondicherry, India
La Villa, an intimate six-room getaway opening August 1, offers an eclectic take on luxury.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:27:19 GMT
- Pursuits: New Twists for Wooden Roller Coasters
In the past few years, three wooden coasters that take their riders upside down have been built. See what these next-generation woodies can do, taking one for a virtual ride.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:51:37 GMT
- T Magazine: On Capri, a Chic New Shop Takes a Stand Against Sameness
Helen White, a former assistant to Anna Wintour and fashion writer for Harper’s Bazaar, opened Cabana last month. It’s full of custom-made items for the home and the closet.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:46:41 GMT
- Q&A: Jane Alexander's Bird-Watching Tips
The actress, who has traveled widely to see and hear birds, talks about some top birding spots and offers guidance on finding tours.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:02:19 GMT
- T Magazine: Where to Eat, Drink, Shop and Stay in Provincetown This Summer
While the beach is the main draw, the cozy Massachusetts artist colony offers a host of other attractions.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 16:16:51 GMT
- Next Stop: Ghost Towns, Puffins and Unspoiled Views
Exploring the Bonavista Peninsula, one of Newfoundland's most dramatic appendages, two decades after a fishing moratorium was declared.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:26:16 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Where’s Waldo? Try Napa
This month, visitors to Napa, Calif., can play a real-life game of hide and seek with the candy-stripe-sweatered, knit-capped cartoon character.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:00:47 GMT
- T Magazine: Travel Diary | Lisa Marie Fernandez’s Beachy Corsican Getaway
The jet-setting beachwear designer and stylist shares snaps and tales of her recent jaunt to the island with T.
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 13:00:31 GMT
- T Magazine: Eataly-Style Food Halls Are Taking Over America
The New York trend that gave rise to Mario Batali’s culinary emporium and others like Gotham West Market has now led to upscale food marketplaces in San Francisco, Denver, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and Atlanta.
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:03:11 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Love Cruises on Dry Land
SinglesCruise.com – a travel agency known for turning ships into potential love boats – is taking its solo tours to dry land.
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:01:20 GMT
- The Getaway: Photo Storage by Personality (Yours)
Use this guide to match the type of photographer you are with storage and organization tools for your vacation pictures.
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:43:42 GMT
- T Magazine: A Supermodel-Approved Downtown Gym Heads to Montauk (and Classes are Free)
ModelFIT, which trains top models like Karlie Kloss in its space on the Bowery, will pop up this weekend with complimentary workouts at the Surf Lodge.
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:00:16 GMT
- In Transit Blog: In Dublin, Tweaking a High Tea
The tea served at the Four Seasons Hotel Dublin was inspired by a sculpture by the Irish artist Michael Warren.
Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:00:47 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Walkabout: Malaysia Airlines Offers Refunds
A weekly capsule of travel news curated by our writers and editors.
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:05:15 GMT
- Check In: Hotel Review: Motel One Edinburgh-Royal
This property's style is an affordable alternative to that of Edinburgh’s stuffy grand hotels.
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:28:40 GMT
- In Transit Blog: First for the Press, Now for a Rest
The design of the Volkshotel in Amsterdam pays tribute to the newspaper that once occupied its premises.
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:00:56 GMT
- On a General’s Trail, Summoning America’s History
In 1755, a British general carved a military path from western Maryland to western Pennsylvania. Centuries later, the author follows that trail, and considers its enduring consequences.
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 01:51:51 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Lights, Camera, Action . . . Vacation!
The film “La Grande Bellezza” (“The Great Beauty”) acts as an irresistible invitation to the Eternal City’s more subtly beguiling attractions.
Sat, 19 Jul 2014 15:01:35 GMT
- In Transit Blog: Bilbo Baggins Slept Here
The Hobbiton Movie Set in New Zealand, as seen in the screen adaptations of J. R. R. Tolkien’s “Lord of the Rings” trilogy and “The Hobbit,” is offering night tours.
Sat, 19 Jul 2014 05:00:24 GMT
|Dynamic Display Pictures 4 Windows Live Messenger